MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMISSION
- To advise The Government of Nepal on the establishment of new universities,
- To formulate policy for the allocation of government grants to the universities and higher education institutions,
- To disburse grants to universities and make recommendations to the concerned bodies for additional grants.
- To coordinate among the universities.
- To take necessary steps for determination and maintenance of standards of higher education.
- To formulate necessary policies and programs for the promotion and enhancement of quality in higher education.
- To make necessary arrangement on the exchange of scholarships, fellowships etc between the universities and educational institutions within or outside Nepal.